Translate

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Still the Hors d'oeuvres


Ooops a bit more on "Thing 5" 


RefWorks
Endnote Web

For management of my readings and articles I used End-note (then RefWorks) because I not only had the references available to me for when I was writing but because you could save documents to the references. In the record of an article I would save a PDF version of it. 

I would also write notes about how I could use the references and attach those to the appropriate record as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I use Zotero (http://www.zotero.org) the same way you are using RefWorks Troy. The fact that Zotero allows you to sync your files between multiple computers and share your libraries with others similar to Google Docs/Drive is what made it my top choice. Also being free and open source means it fits in with my philosophy (as opposed to the costly Endnote/Thomson Reuters product).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Steve thanks :). I have a Zotero account as well, (Cousin asked about reference tools but because he was no longer a Staff member at UoA I couldn't help him with access) so we sat down and looked at Zotero, incredibly easy to use and some great functionality with chrome extensions etc. I would definitely use it if the UoA didn't support and provide access to Refworks.

    ReplyDelete